Got a question about this party? Read on.
Check the main House Party FAQ for even more answers.
All your questions about the Carnival Sunday Fun Day House Party... answered!!!
Your Fun Kit will contain:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents who are 21 years of age or older who either host a Carnival® Houseparty (“Hosts”) or are an eligible guest of a Carnival® Houseparty (“Guests”). Employees, officers, and directors of Carnival Cruise Lines (“Carnival®”, the “Sponsor”), House Party, Inc., Promotions Mechanics, Inc., Arnold Worldwide, Inc., their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The Carnival Sunday Fun Day Cruise Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 24, 2009 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on April 12, 2009 (“Promotion Period”). Both Hosts and Guests may enter by visiting houseparty.com/sweeps/carnival and accessing the Sweepstakes registration form. To enter you must provide all information requested and click the “Yes, I wish to enter the Sweepstakes!” button. Your entry must be received by the Sponsor’s server by 11:59 PM ET on April 12, 2009 to be eligible. Limit one entry per person/email address.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS – PRIZES – ODDS OF WINNING: There are a total of two (2) Sweepstakes Grand Prizes, one (1) from among all Host entries and one (1) from among all Guest entries. On or about April 17, 2009, Promotion Mechanics, Inc., an independent judging organization, will conduct the two random drawings: one from among all eligible Host entries received and one from among all eligible Guest entries received. Each drawing will award one (1) prize consisting of the winner’s choice of one of the following 7 day Carnival® cruises: Carnival Splendor® from Los Angeles, CA; Carnival Pride® from Baltimore, MD; Carnival Valor® from Miami, FL; or Carnival Triumph® from New Orleans, LA. Each cruise will be for the winner and one (1) guest and includes one Interior stateroom. Approximate retail value of each prize is $1769. Any difference between stated and actual value will not be awarded. Cruise includes ship accommodations (one Interior stateroom, double occupancy, category 4A), ocean transportation, select meals, select beverages, and select entertainment aboard the vessel. All other costs and expenses not listed herein are the winner’s sole responsibility. Cruise does not include transportation to the port of embarkation. Cruise must be taken between November 1, 2009 and November 1, 2010, or winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety. Travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Each winner and his/her guest are responsible for any travel documents (such as a passport and visa) required for their travel.
Prizes will be awarded in the form of a Carnival® Cruise Certificate ("Certificate"). Booking instructions, as listed on the certificate, shall apply. Winners agree to accept booking instructions and all terms and conditions of use listed on the Certificate. The Certificate is valid for new bookings only, is not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. No guest under twenty-one (21) will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by a person who is twenty-five (25) years or older. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all guests under the age of eighteen (18). Married couples who do not meet these age restrictions may, at Carnival’s discretion, be permitted to sail. Winner and guest must sign Carnival’s passenger ticket contract prior to being allowed to board. Taxes and fees are additional and are the responsibility of the cruise recipient. Winner must book the cruise at least 60 days prior to sailing. All staterooms, particular cruises, and particular destinations are subject to availability, and any bookings which would require travel during any holidays, special events, inaugural or charter sailings, are excluded.
Each winner and guest are solely responsible for (and prize does not cover) any federal, state, local or other government or quasi-government taxes and fees (including but not limited to income tax liability or sales taxes), fuel supplement, travel insurance, or items of a personal nature (including, but not limited to, ground transportation, shore excursions, passport fees, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, photographs, service fees and medical services); these various expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner is solely responsible for any hotel accommodations required prior to and/or after the cruise. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of Prize and be solely responsible for applicable taxes or other fees
Prizes will be awarded subject to these official rules and may not be sold or combined with any other offer. No prize substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Cruise is cancelled by Sponsor after ticketing of prize, for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any unused component of the prize has no redeemable cash value, the remaining components shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of comparable or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each drawing.
4. NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by phone, email, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where permitted by law) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. Each winner’s guest will be required to sign and return a liability release and publicity release (where permitted by law) prior to issuance of prize/travel documents. If guest of winner is a minor, liability release and publicity release must be confirmed and signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules (including timely return of signed documents), or if winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept prize, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. By accepting a cruise prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the cruise. In order to be considered a cruise prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, the winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm in writing their acceptance of such risk, at Sponsor’s request. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for lost, late, stolen, inaccurate, forged, mangled, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected entries or postage due mail. Sponsor or any its agents are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, technical malfunction, failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, computer equipment, servers, access providers, or software, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participants' or any other persons' computers relating to or resulting from participation in this promotion; inability to access the entry websites or any pages thereof; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; entry submissions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete, illegible, garbled, or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website. In case of dispute as to the identity of any online entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. As used in this Sweepstakes, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such Winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
6. CONDITIONS: Where permitted by law, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission (permission shall be confirmed in writing upon the request of Sponsor) to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, prize information and/or biographical information and any statements made by entrant regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion or publicity at any time or times, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without further compensation, notice, review or approval. By participating, entrants, winners and guests agree (i) to these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which shall be final in all respects; and (ii) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, House Party, Inc., Promotion Mechanics, Inc., their advertising and promotion agencies, including Arnold Worldwide, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, including travel to and/or from points of embarkation and/or debarkation, and including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, copyright, trademark, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes; provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
8. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Miami-Dade County, Florida; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
9. WINNER LIST: To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by April 30, 2009, to: Carnival House Party Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, P.O. Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
10. SPONSOR: Carnival Cruise Lines, Carnival Place, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami, FL 33178-2428. Ship’s Registry: The Bahamas and Panama.
There was an error. Please refresh the page and try again.
Removing your connection...
Logging you in...
Logging you in...
We are connecting now...
There are a few things we'll need to complete your House Party sign-up. You can create a new House Party screen name, or use an existing one.
There are a few things we'll need to complete your House Party sign-up.
Forgot your password or member name? It happens to the best of us. Give us your email address and we’ll send your member name and a link to reset your password.