Week by week planner
So you’re hosting a House Party? That’s awesome. Here’s a handy timeline so you can be sure to plan perfectly every step of the way. And keep coming back to your party page to get all the latest tips and announcements to make planning your party a cinch!
4 weeks ‘til party day
3 weeks ‘til party day
- Plan your menu: Think about what you’re going to serve so you can research recipes and create your shopping list. Don’t be afraid to ask guests to bring something.
- Shop for supplies: Need plates, napkins, cutlery or decorations? Make a list of what you want and need so you can get the best deals.
- Plan activities: House Party always provides you with awesome things to do at your party. These come in your Party Pack and are downloadable as Party Favors, but you can also plan some additional fun stuff, too. What sort of game might be a great addition to your party?
2 weeks ‘til party day
- Choose your wardrobe: Depending on the theme of your party, what you wear could play a vital role. Be sure to check your closet and see whether you need to get anything special for the party. Anything you can do to use as an excuse for shopping, right?!
- Program your playlist: Music is key to any rockin’ party, so take some time to plan your tunes. Either make a playlist or burn a CD of perfect party songs.
1 week ‘til party day
- Hit the grocery store: Party day is almost here. You’ve got your list, so now’s the time to get to the store and buy all that yummy food.
- Enlist help: No host is an island. Ask some guests to come early on party day and help you set up, or be sure your family can pitch in.
- Print party favors: Make sure you’ve downloaded the Party Favors from your party page and print them before the big day. This also allows you to get familiar with the activities we recommend for your party.
- Share the excitement: Post a comment on your party page so your guests can see how excited you are for them to attend. Ask them what they’re most excited about.
- Charge your cameras: Don’t forget to charge your camera batteries (still and video) and empty your memory cards. You want to be able to snap and film away on party day.
- Assign a family member or friend to take photos and videos: The House Party team and your fellow House Party members want to see shots and footage from your party! Check out these tips on shooting the best video.
- Have you received your Party Pack?: Your Party Pack should have arrived by now. Make sure you check the contents and if you haven’t received it, email email@example.com to let us know.
The day before the party
- Get your chef on: If you can make any of the food the day before, go for it! No one wants to spend the party in the kitchen, so try and cook as much as you can ahead of time.
- Set up: The night before is the perfect time to hang decorations, move furniture, set the table and put favors, Party Pack items and products on display. Also if you need access to your TV or computer to view a DVD or stream a video for your party, be sure everything is hooked up, loaded and ready to go.
- Have fun: Wrap up your cooking and decorating, dress yourself and most importantly, have fun!
- Smile for the camera: Take tons of pictures and video and upload to your party page and the party sponsor’s Facebook page.